So thanks to the crazy UtS ad campaigns we've got going on I've, uh, actually gained quite a few new watchers on this account! I feel a little guilty because Scarlet my co-writer/artist/ninja girl bought the current ad and she's not getting any of the watchers for it SOOOOOOOOO
if you want to go take a peek at her art (she's got some fabulous art srsly) head on over to ActressandOwl
! ALTHOUGH she does occasionally just sort of log onto this account so if someone replies to one of your comments and you think "Hmmm... That was a well written comment with perfect grammar and excellent vocabulary!" it was probably her.
SO YES thanks SO MUCH for watching me! I really appreciate it! I've sort of taken a step back from dA recently like lots of people but I think I'll put in more effort to stay active on here for you guys! I may even.......... Renew my premium membership!! GOSH!
And of course I hope that you'll take a peek at our webcomic!!:
(yes that one with the face)
Now let me take you back to a simpler time when we were in highschool being dweebs among people who hunted dweebs... Fearing for our lives daily... Hiding in corners ever lunch time (no not really schools not that bad stay in school kids! Uh, anyway...) We would return home to our computers in shame until... One day... A bunch of nerds found hope in each other on the internet.
- Several years later we all rp'd
- [RP INTENSIFIED OVER TIME]
- A couple years later I thought it would be a great idea to draw a short comic for a friend
- [SHORT COMIC INTENSIFIED INTO LONGER COMIC]
- 2 years later we realise that said comic was badly drawn and made 0 sense and was completely irreparable
- COMIC WAS REMOVED FROM THE INTERNET ONLY TO BE VIEWED BY THE SELECT FEW WITH A DEVIANTART ACCOUNT AND AT THEIR OWN RISK
- Comic was re-planned in a hectic 3 day storyboarding festival involving not only hundreds of post-it notes, a floor and about three bathtubs of madness BUT ALSO COLOURED PENS!
- 1st November 2013: Comic was re-booted
- Comic updated consistently (except for those like 3 times when I was drunk and forgot)
- 2014 SUMMER AD CAMPAIGN BEGINS
- ----> Present
And so, dear readers, thank you for showing up. We love you dearly and I hope that bullet pointed timeline was helpful to you! Yes, I am ashamed to admit that the current webcomic is version 2.0 of Under the Skin but TRUST ME WHEN I SAY IT IS A GOOD THING THERE WERE THINGS LIKE THIS
from back in 2011 BE CAREFUL DON'T LOOK DIRECTLY AT IT!
(But while you're there how about following the UtS Tumblr? BD <3) But while this is a good thing, and I would like to stress that the new version of the comic is very different to the old one, there are current readers (Shout out to those old school readers I love you) who read the old version and know things that may happen later on so if you are those readers please refrain from commenting "Omg I can't WAIT until Sasha get's his jetpack" it's not fair for newer readers U~U
But yes REALLY THANK YOU FOR READING AND WATCHING AND WHATNOT we probably wouldn't have the motivation to keep going if you guys weren't around so we really owe you for all of your nice comments and favourites and stuff! Oh and if you could help us out by forcing all your unwilling friends to read if too that would be totally awesome!
Additionally we've been thinking of holding some sort of contest for UtS's 1 year anniversary so if you guys could think of some super cool prizes that would be great!
Thanks! Much love!
-The super cool UtS team! (Aka. Holly and Scarlet)